brainchild n : a product of your creative thinking and work; "he had little respect for the inspirations of other artists"; "after years of work his brainchild was a tangible reality" [syn: inspiration] [also: brainchildren (pl)]
One's brainchild is an idea or invention that one has thought up or created.
As a title, Brainchild can refer to:
- Brainchild, a children's quiz show on BBC television in the 1970s, presented by John Craven
- Brainchild, a 1981 novel by Andrew Neiderman
- Brainchild (comics) and Brain-Child are fictional characters in the Marvel Universe.
- Brainchild, released a cd called Mindwarp in 1992 by Scott Albert A.K.A Celldweller
- Brainchild, a 1994 album (Re-issue of Brainchilds cd Mindwarp from 1992) by Christian industrial-metal band Circle of Dust
- Brainchild (album), a 1996 album by Society of Soul
- Brainchild, a local jam band from Peoria, Illinois
apparition, art object, article, artifact, autograph, brainstorm, bric-a-brac, bright idea, bright thought, brilliant idea, bubble, child, chimera, classic, coinage, composition, computer printout, concoction, contrivance, copy, creation, creature, crowning achievement, delirium, design, distillation, document, draft, edited version, effect, eidolon, end product, engrossment, essay, essence, extract, fair copy, fancy, fantasque, fantasy, fiction, figment, final draft, finished version, first draft, flimsy, fruit, good idea, grotesque, hallucination, handiwork, holograph, idle fancy, illusion, imagery, imagination, imagining, inspiration, insubstantial image, invention, issue, kitsch, letter, literae scriptae, literary artefact, literary production, literature, lucubration, maggot, make-believe, manufacture, manuscript, master, masterpiece, masterwork, matter, mintage, mobile, museum piece, myth, new mintage, nonfiction, nude, offspring, old master, opera, opus, opuscule, original, origination, outcome, outgrowth, paper, parchment, pasticcio, pastiche, penscript, phantasm, phantom, piece, piece of virtu, piece of writing, play, poem, printed matter, printout, product, production, reading matter, recension, result, romance, screed, scrip, script, scrive, scroll, second draft, sick fancy, stabile, statue, still life, study, the written word, thick-coming fancies, transcript, transcription, trip, typescript, vapor, version, virtu, vision, whim, whimsy, wildest dreams, work, work of art, writing